Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Baby Talk

Congratulations to Shelby the Pug, another dog-who-blogs, because she is getting a new (human) baby brother! Many blessings to Shelby and her family. It will be interesting to see how Shelby adjusts to having another baby in the house. I know she'll be a great big sister.

We have often wondered what kind of a big sister Bean will be. She hasn't really been around very many babies, simply because we don't know that many (aside from the ones I babysit for). Of course, we are years away from introducing a new little brother or sister to Bean, but I think it would be good for her to have some exposure to them beforehand.

Well you know what? It is surprisingly difficult to get anyone to let you borrow their child for use as a "practice baby" to see how your dog reacts. Can you believe that? I even asked the parents I babysit for. They said no! Some people are just selfish, I guess.

So, we will just have to practice with dolls for now. Although, considering the fate of Bean's other toys, that might end in a gruesome mess!

You know they just aren't as much fun after the stuffing is gone...{sigh}

4 comments:

Page against the machine said...

Bean, I know you will be a great big sister when the time comes!! Let your mom know that another pit bull blog that I check regularly is author Ken Foster's, it's at

http://kenfoster.blogspot.com/

He is a pit owner/advocate/author. He even put his pit bull on the cover of his book!!! YAY!

rebecca said...

Thanks Page! I am adding to the sidebar right now!

Woof,
Bean

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, is that a BuddyBed brand dog bed Bean is on? It looks like it might be... I have one for my older, athritic dog and it is SO helpful for her - but the younger one loves it too!

A former "Team Bean" er

rebecca said...

No, She's on an LL Bean bed. We love them because they are so sturdy and the covers are so easy to wash. I will also look into the BuddyBed though!!