Sunday, June 26, 2005

it's getting hot in herrrr

In this picture, Bean is:

















a) demonstrating her mastery of all dog commands by executing a perfect "play dead"
b) actually dead
c) just really, really hot and rubbing herself all over the cool floor

Correct answer: C

This is Bean's first summer ever (she was born in September of 2004), and so far she is not adjusting to the heat very well. It's weird, because she doesn't have long hair or anything. But everytime we come in from a walk it's all falling out in the floor like a little furry drama queen and panting wildly like this:



















We give her water all the time. What gives?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what gives but I know I'd like to rub Bean's beautiful pink belly! Maybe if you hosed her down with water, she'd chill a little beddah.

rebecca said...

I am always down for some belly rubbin. always.

bean

R. Keith said...

Bean,
I like to sleep with my butt right on the air conditioning vent. You should try this! At night I sleep on the floor at the foot of the bed of my staff. (Don't ask me why they're in the big bed if they're my staff.) Sometimes I block the entire vent and they have to get up to move me. This is how I trick them into letting me outside in the middle of the night, so it has that added benefit.
Pimm

rebecca said...

Pimm,

Does that make the bedroom smell like dog butt? cool!!!

Thanks for the tip!
Bean