Friday, September 30, 2005

this yard ain't big enough for the both of us

"Dad brought home this new thing. I didn't know what it was. Still don't. At first, I did what I do whenever something new and strange shows up. I hid behind my daddy.

After a few minutes of this, I decided it was safe enough for a little reconnaissance mission. Like I always say, it's important to know your enemies.

Pretty soon, after I had mapped out all of the intruder's weak points and deciphered its pattern of movement, it was time for an attack.
While I was unable to kill it, I am proud to report that it has not been spotted since. The backyard is once again under my exclusive reign."

6 comments:

Brandi Mills said...

You're brave, Bean. I would have just hid and kept my eye on it from a distance. That's what I do with the big sucker that Mom brings out inside all the time.

-China

IndyPindy said...

Good job Bean! Did you show it your teeth? That seems to work for me...people have no idea what a wuss I am, because I never have to do anything other than show them my teeth!

rebecca said...

"china, what is this 'big sucker' you speak of? I've never seen such a thing. I don't think my mom knows what that is. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.

indypindy, i don't really know how to show my teeth. i have a rather scary growl, which sounds menacing as long as you can't see that I am hiding when I do it!"

Anonymous said...

How Funny! We have the same lawnmower and my dogs all chase it.. except we have three bullmastiffs... it's very hard to get the lawn mowed!

rebecca said...

Yes we decided against the gas-powered models. Mostly because of concerns about pollution (including noise pollution!), but also because we have a fairly small amount of grass to mow. I have been thinking though, that one of a benefits of the gas-powered mower would have been that Bean would almost certainly be terrified of it....

Amstaffie said...

Oh Bean, you sound just like my Stormie. If she hears something she barks & growls like a good watch dog, but she's doing it from behind me & she won't go downstairs unless I go first! She also hates the big sucker that makes a lot of noise. She'll jump on the bed and bark from a safe distance!