Sunday, October 09, 2005

the "nanny cam" goes canine

Bean will be spending the next two days at Camp Bowwow, as both Bryan and I will be out of town. She loves it there, of course. There are so many dogs to play with, and they have several "play rooms" set up with toys of all kinds. It is a bit hurtful when I go to drop her off and she sprints off down the hall without so much as a glance over her shoulder to acknowledge that she will miss me. She could at least pretend to look sad until I get in the car.

One of the cool things about this place is that all of the areas are set up with webcams, so you can see what Bean is up to from any computer. It helps me not miss her too much. That, and the fact that I can eat without her staring at me, attempting to look emaciated. And the fact that I can kick my shoes off anywhere and know that they will be in same spot when I need them later....

Maybe these few days won't be so hard after all...

At any rate, while Bryan picks Bean up on Tuesday, I will not be back home until next weekend. Until then, feel free to spy on Bean at camp. You can also get your "Bean fix" by checking out some of the rather scandalous photos on this blog (See "XXX-rated!" post below).

3 comments:

Amstaffie said...

Wow, that is so neat... I think I spotted Bean in Lassie's playground. (?) Thanx for sharing!!!

Dak-Ind said...

that is the coolest thing. i wish we had something like that here. what a great idea!
we hope bean enjoys her camping trip. My husband had a beauty of a red nosed pit who he just lost 2 years ago (to old age, sort of... boss had a beart attack after climbing the stairs to his apartment one day) when our new baby is older (two or three) we plan on getting another. they are just the best dogs!

Freda said...

Hey Bean,

Sounds like your 'vacation cabin' is pretty cool. Tried to catch you on the web cam but my typist has so many downloads on MY typing thing that some times he gets lost trying to get it to do certain things. Well he failed again. He tried to download an updated version of Java but it required an Active X download. Since Active X is not too cool he refused. Guess I'm stuck with twentieth century technology until I get a new typist.

Hope you get home soon.

Woof!

Freda