Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white MLK day...

That title is wrong on so many levels. I meant to play off of the "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" song, but somewhere things went awry.

Anyway, as I was trying to convey with this title, we have snow!! I know it's not much, and those of you who are up north will laugh at me. But really, this is a lot of snow for us.


Bean and Bryan spent last night with me, and as soon as we got up this morning I took her out back to investigate. She also ate quite a bit of snow.

As you can see, although my backyard is fenced, it's a wire fence. So unlike the privacy fence she is used to, Bean can see through this one. She has accidentally run right into it on several occasions after seeing something exciting (a squirrel or another dog) off in the distance. I'd like to say that I didn't laugh when she did this, but I can't.

I was surprised she didn't seem to mind how cold her feet must have been. I don't think it hit her until we got back inside. Then she wanted to hop into bed with us and warm up. So of course, we let her. I mean who could refuse this face?

Um, hi. My paws are cold. And my nose. Can I warm them on you??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bean, you are such a pretty girl!!!
I am so glad to see you blog again.
Grandmabecker

Anonymous said...

Thanks Grandmabecker! You are one of my most favorite fans. I am always glad to hear from you. Do you have dogs too?

Anonymous said...

Bean
Yes, I have one doggie now.
Though the years I have been blessed to share my home with 4 wonderful dogs. 3 have crossed the rainbow bridge and I have my cutie, Sissy. She is 6 and a black llasha apsa. We have 2 grandbabies now, and Sissy. Our life is full!!!
Bean is a beautiful dog and so loved. They dont ask for much, just love and kindness and give so much back in return.