Thursday, May 29, 2008

Over the River and Through the Woods...

The whole family (Me, Bryan and Bean) went to stay with Bryan's parents in Virgina over Mother's Day weekend. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about how it would go. Bean has only been to their house once, and that was when she was recovering from her surgery, and was therefore confined to a small pen. This time she would have the freedom to explore the whole house as she pleased. And it's a nice house. With nice things. I had visions of crystal vases, throw pillows, and floral arrangements scattered in shreds and pieces all over the nice wood floors.

Bryan had more faith in Bean's ability to "act right" when needed. In preparation for the visit, I took her to get a mani/pedi (nail trim) so that she would not leave claw marks on the wood floors. I bought half a dozen plush squeaky toys for emergency use, and we packed a Super Jumbo bag of rawhide chews. We were ready.

On the drive up, she was a perfect angel. She is very good on long car trips. She alternates between napping and checking for other dogs in the cars that pass by.

Clear...Clear...Clear...Cle-WAIT! Is that a CAT in that car??? Oh..It's just a Chihuahua...OK Clear... Clear...


Where'd Dad go? Oh, he's filling up the tank.

WHAT??? Gas costs HOW much??!!

Later on, after the sun set, she slept for the rest of the trip. When we slowed down to get on the exit ramp, I snapped this photo.

Huh? What? Are were there yet?

I'll have to split the rest of the trip into a different post. I really should at least pretend to study!
Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bean, I have been waiting to hear about your trip to your other grandparents house. I had a great time visiting my family in Va. for Mother's Day. I will be woofing for the rest of your post. Please hurry and post the rest.

TJ the DJ

Anonymous said...

What a good girl Bean is! She is so funny (and cute!) in that last picture where she's all groggy and sleepy!
I love reading about her and all her adventures (the nice ones, I mean).
Camilla doesn't have nearly as many adventures as Bean so she has to live vicariously through your accounts. (But she does have some fun times of her own.)
Annette and Camilla

Anonymous said...

Man she's got a big nose. She must take after her daddy.