Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bean has relocated!

Well, the move is over. We are...25% unpacked. Also we have painted 25% of the house. The rest will happen when it happens. Bean is loving all the space. This house has much more room for her to run around. You can go from the office to the hall to the dining room to the living room and back to the office in one big circle. When Bean gets a chew or a new toy, she she takes it in her mouth and runs a few laps around this circle to get out some of the excess joy before finally settling down on her bed to consume whatever it is. The number of laps she runs corresponds to her level of excitement over the treat. For a regular rawhide, she will do maybe 1 or 2 laps. I gave her a squeaky-stuffed hot dog toy yesterday and I thought she'd never stop running!

Here she is surveying her new (and much larger) backyard from our bed.

How the *&^%@ did those squirrels get my new address??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those squirrels have an insidious network. Even when I go camping they're up there screeching at me. Have fun in your new place!

rebecca said...

I know! They are so sneaky. Sneaky, sneaky squirrels.

-Bean

Anonymous said...

Thought ya'll might be willing / able to help out with this red nosed pit. Poor little thing needs some help.

Hi Everyone,
Sorry to send more mass mail, but I am very worried about this adorable pit bull puppy living in my next door neighbor's yard, and am putting out tentative feelers for a home for her.

She is super sweet but dying for attention. She is unloved, sometimes not given food or water for long periods. We have been keeping an eye on her food situation and making sure that she has some, but can't adopt because we already have 3 rescues!

She was dumped in their backyard by the daughter who moved to an apartment that does not allow pit bulls. The daughter never comes to visit or check on the dog. My neighbor is not fit to care for her. Yesterday he had a near fatal health incident and is now in the hospital on life support, so we think it might be a good time to try to find a home for the dog.

We have already approached him about finding her a home, and will do all the further talking necessary if anyone can volunteer to foster or take this puppy (I think she's about 4-5 months old - she's a doll - very friendly, gentle, deer like "red-nosed pit bull").

We are pretty sure she doesn't have shots, and she is probably not spayed. We'd be happy to help as much as we can afford on that end of things.

If you are interested, call or email me.
She's so sweet!!!!
Thanks,
Shannon Morrow
919-680-0129

Anonymous said...

Bean, glad you like your new home. I finally got a nice new fence and I am loving it. I got squirrels too... always eating the bird seed. I chase them and they come right back. Hope the rest of your summer is great and fun.

TJ the DJ

Anonymous said...

Shannon, sure hope you find a loving home for that adorable puppy. I was an itty bitty little thing walking along the road one cold rainy day when found. I am so glad my mommy took a chance on me. Now I am almost 2 and weigh 70lbs. It's a good life. The girl dog next door has been staying with us for about 7 months now. I am going to ask my mommy to see if she can find someone to take that little puppy.

TJ the DJ