Monday, July 21, 2008

Bean visits the Burbs

As I mentioned in the last post, we spent the 4th of July weekend at Bryan's parents' house in VA. They live in a very nice house in a very polished subdivision. It is a very different place than where Bean has spent most of her life, and she really enjoyed investigating it. One of the most striking differences, from her perspective, had to be the immaculate condition of the sidewalks and lawns. She really loved her walks there!

"This is niiiiiice. Do you think they wash these sidewalks? I mean there is NO trash whatsoever! Although, I do miss the fun of looking for a stray chicken bone or an old piece of gum, like we do at home."

"Just look at that curb! It looks bleached. It's clean enough to eat off of. Of course, I also will eat out of the trash. I'm not really picky."

"The grass is still green here! It looks so comfy! I just want to roll around in it and scratch my back! Don't you?"

"Mom, we have GOT to do something about the landscaping situation at home. Seriously."

Sorry Bean! Until your Mom graduates and gets a J-O-B, we'll just have to live with weeds and dead leaves.

(By the way, we move into the new house this weekend. I will be sure to take pictures of Bean's first moments checking out her new digs!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bean's still asking why all of those other creatures (dogs) that live outside in my neighborhood (that she isn't sure are dogs because they don't sleep in an air-conditioned home on the bed with their people), aren't there at my parents. Why were there none of those creatures? Are they indigenous to North Carolina?

Anonymous said...

NOTICE: I found a beautiful Pit on Green St in Durham that is homeless - gorgeous dog, male, friendly, seemingly very healthy....any idea of how I might get him into a good home?

Thanks!!!

Justin
jja90@hotmail.com
940-597-4981