Friday, August 19, 2005

keeping cool with fruit

It's been so hot, we've resorted to trying anything to keep cool. A couple of weeks ago we bought a watermelon to cut open on an especially hot Sunday. We decided to give Bean the end piece (out on the back deck so she wouldn't make a huge mess inside). She gnawed on it and sucked at it for a good twenty minutes. So much joy from a slice of melon! That's life!

Two bits of news:

#1
As you may have noticed, I have written the last few posts in the voice of Bean. I think that's a cute and perfectly sane thing to do. Bryan, on the other hand, has requested that I speak only for myself from now on, lest he be embarrassed in front of the entire internet. Well, I have decided to let the readers decide. So please comment on this post and vote: "Yes, I think it's fine for you to pretend that you are your dog when you write these posts" or "Please stop polluting the web with your insane ramblings." That should settle it.

#2
We are getting a sister for Bean!! She is a bluetick coonhound and her foster family lives in VA. We are going to go meet her on Monday. So hopefully, there will soon be two cute dogs featured on this blog! Wish us luck!!

5 comments:

Brandi Mills said...

What, you mean that you write FOR Bean? My mom just helps me with spelling and stuff like that.

Don't I type gud fer a dawg?

-Woof! (China)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bean and Human,

I've been following your blog for a while Bean and I would really miss your voice if your human takes over this space. What's so embarassing about speaking for a dog? I think that the world would be a nicer place with more dog perspective and less human babble.

I hope that you welcome your new sister with open paws when she comes.

A Bean Fan In Northern Virginia

R. Keith said...

I say to Bryan, "Get over it dude!" I don't see anything wrong with switching voices, depending upon your mood. Think of it as a literary exercise. Can't wait to see the bluetick coon hound. I had one as a kid, and he was a great dog. Just watch your Miracle Whip.
Pimm's mom

IndyPindy said...

Hi Bean, my name is Indy. I found your blog through Sam's blog. I don't understand - my mom just leaves the 'puter on for me and I get on and do my thing. She even got a keyboard with really big keys on it for my Husky paws! Come visit my blog too! And check out my buddy Meeshka's blog: meeshkaworld.blogspot.com.
your new pal,
Indy

Anonymous said...

i am all about the pup talk.