Sunday, August 14, 2005

stress and carnage



Sometimes, when I'm really stressed out, I like to gut one of my stuffed toys. Last week they took me to the vet. Normally I love my vet, and mom and dad always buy me a stuffed toy in the lobby that I get to play with on the way home. This time, though, they cleaned out my ears.

Now, as you can see from my photos, I have some pretty big ears. So this was no quick job. Although I don't mind baths, I hate being groomed. That's why the vet had to do it in the first place. Whenever mom and dad get down on the floor and use sweet voices and treats to lure me over, I run and hide. I learned that a looong time ago when they tried to trim my nails. No Way!!!

Anyway, on this particular vet visit, I got a stuffed frog. As soon as we got home, I ran out back with the frog and ripped it up. Now mom is pissed cause she has to clean up all this stuffing off the deck. Whatever.

I'm the victim here.

2 comments:

Freda said...

Hey Bean,

Have you tried the D.A.P. olator? My parents plug in the D.A.P. whenever they leave me alone. It releases a dog appeasing pheromone that is suppose to calm me down. I guess it works. I sleep a lot while they are gone. And I don't tear anything up. I know that Drs. Foster and Smith carry it. I think I remember seeing it for sale at my vet's office in town.

Sorry you get stressed out about groming. I love being groomed. In fact Tammie, the girl with a mobile grooming van, is coming to my house this Friday. I look so great when she's done. Feels good when she brushes me. Oooooooooh!

Hang in there!

Woof!

Freda

Anonymous said...

Hey Bean,

It looks like you had such fun ripping Mr. Froggy apart. I think you've found a good way to channel your post grooming aggression. Just don't try it on the furniture.

Love,

Miss Kitty