Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bean and Gneville

This is Bean on the back porch at her lookout post with my garden gnome. His name is Gneville. I found him at a thrift store, and when I brought him home I asked Bryan to help me think of a name for him. I wanted something that started with the same letter as "gnome" and sounded gnome-ish. When I shouted out "Neville!" (as in Aaron Neville), Bryan gently reminded me in his school-teacher voice that "Gnome" starts with a "G." So I decided to name him Gneville instead. (It's pronounced the same as "Neville," just in case you were wondering.)

Anyway, Gneville lived inside my apartment with me before Bryan and I moved in together. But now that we have a nice fenced in backyard where I can be sure he'll be safe and won't wander off, he lives out there.

Bean shows absolutely no interest in Gneville, so his chances of ever showing up on this blog were slim. So today, when I saw her out there, I put Gneville up on the railing and took this shot.

Gneville the Gnome. Yep... I lead a thrilling life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see Bean back!!

rebecca said...

Thanks Anon! It's good to be back! Maybe people will start leaving me comments like this again!

Bean

Anonymous said...

I love Gneville the Gnome, and I am so excited to finally see him in a picture with Bean! Who wouldn't love a garden gnome, though. Not that Bean isn't glorious all on her own. I love you guys.