Saturday, January 27, 2007

brrrrrrrrrrr.....it's cold!

The temperature has dropped here these past few days, and since we can't afford to keep the whole house nice and toasty (we have gas heat and a giant drafty old mill house) Bean is forced to find whatever spot of warmth she can and settle in. Her favorite is the sunny square in the office floor (see previous post) or in bed with us, but when that can't happen, she is often found here:


This is "Bean's couch." It's also in the office, which is good because that's where we usually are, and she likes to hang out with us. It is a hideous old couch that she chewed to bits and now I just cover it with layers and layers of old white sheets I find at thrift stores. It's perfect. Once a week I remove the top layer and wash it. She likes to nestle into the corner between the sofa arm and back, and make herself into a tiny little ball.

She is so cute like this it makes me think of her as a puppy, and I want to scoop her up in my arms and snuggle with her on my chair.

And then I remember she is now 55 lbs.

Oh well, she's still darn cute. Stay warm everybody!

No comments: