Saturday, April 28, 2007

Project Bionic Leg: 5 days till surgery

We are in the home stretch here, at 91% of the goal (that's including the off-line donations as well). But please don't stop yet! If you have been planning on giving, now's the time. And any money we raise in excess of the surgical costs will go to Bean's post-op meds and rehab. And also a doggie playpen like this one, to keep her confined while healing. Doctor's orders state that she is to be confined to an area no larger than 3 times her body length. That's about the size of a small bathroom. She will be unable to walk on slick floors, and of course our house is covered in hardwoods and vinyl. My plan is to make a "safe area" for bean by laying down blankets, then putting this playpen on it. If we set it up in the main room, she will not feel so isolated, and we can keep a close eye on our sedated little princess. Of course, there will be very frequent photos of her recovery posted here!


Today's photo:
I'm practicing my "sedated" face. How does it look?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sedated face looks very smoochable, Bean. Good luck with your surgery. We're pulling for you.

Love,

Miss Kitty and her TLO

rebecca said...

Thanks guys! I am "smoochable" aren't I? I think it's all my extra face-wrinkles. You can never have too many of those!

-Bean

Lawton Water Features said...

I enjoyed reaading your post