Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday 12:18 AM

I can't sleep. I am considering driving around, but I seriously doubt Bean will be out and about at this time of night...

The nights are the worst by far. It's the time when Bean would normally be snuggled with us on the bed. I can't not think about where she might be sleeping right now.

A note about my previous post:
I absolutely did not mean to portray the Durham Shelter in a negative way. If I am mistaken about their policy, please do let me know! I am just going by what the woman who answered the phone told me on Monday. We go there at least once a day, and the staff have been extremely sympathetic and accommodating. I only wanted convey what some folks have told me about why someone would take her to a shelter outside of Durham. I would consider it the greatest blessing for Bean to end up in their capable hands!

I'm going to try to sleep. Goodnight everyone. And goodnight my little Beanie.

Rebecca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca,

I've been checking the "found" classifieds on petfinder.com daily when it occurred to me that I should do a search for Bean in the shelter/rescue section too. I know it's a long shot, but maybe Bean got picked up by someone who dropped her off at a shelter outside of our area or state. I saw 9 dogs in these shelters that looked a lot like Bean...just too close to call. Again, I don't think they're her, but I couldn't get it off my mind without passing on the info. I know it will be hard to look at these homeless dogs, but go to petfinder.com and do an "advanced search" where you can search by the dog's name. Under the pit bull "adult" category, look at:

Duchess
Latte
Dutchess (not the same as the other)
Sassy
Bue-La
Godiva

Under the pit bull "young category, check:

Petunia
19-Destiny
Kasey

I hope one of them is her!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that you find her today!!!

~Brooke