Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday 8:10 AM

Well, we are officially well into our second week of the search. I keep remembering the story of one woman who called to say she knew of a pit that was stolen and showed up 3 weeks later. We are not even close to that yet. This is great, because there is still so much reason to have hope. It is also scary, because if we are this close to complete physical and emotional exhaustion after one week, what kind of shape will we be in after three??

I am letting Bryan sleep in a little. Later I have to go back to Chapel Hill and study. My exam is in less that 24 hours and I have even started to prepare. I have no idea how I will make myself concentrate....

Some wonderful Team Bean members are looking in the woods around where Bean was last seen today. The hope is that maybe she has avoided being seen for this long by staying up in the woods. Oh Bean, I don't blame you for hiding! I would hide too after what you have been through. As you have so cruelly found out, there are awful people out there. But there are some great ones, too, so please let one of them see you today, OK? We really need for you to be seen.

Rebecca

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up hope! I just feel your precious Bean will be found and returned to you and Bryan! We nailed up a lot of fliers yesterday and have more to put out today.

Wishing you well on your exam tomorrow, too!

Hang in there!

Judy

Anonymous said...

You might also want to post an ad about Bean in the Herald-Sun under Lost Pets. I believe the ad is free and might run until Bean is found.

Anonymous said...

A little idea. A good place to pass out fliers next week might be middle schools. Little kids might be freaked out and high schoolers indifferent. But middle school kids might find both the dog story and the reward intriguing. And their geographic attendance area can be quite large. Is there anyone on the message board who teaches or would otherwise have contacts? Getting official permission is probably a nonstarter, but I can't see why individual teachers couldn't pass out some fliers.

Anonymous said...

There certainly is much reason to hope and I pray that Bean will be returned to you.

I am wondering if you are in touch with the police and animal control? Since people tend to report loose pit bulls (for safely reasons) it might help to get a sense of what reports may have come in. No reports might indicate the likelihood that someone has her.

You might also want to consider a reward for information that leads to Bean's return.

Also - Be sure someone is checking the for sale ads in case someone is trying to sell her.

Stay strong!

TFKT said...

I work at Brogden Middle School, which caters to the kids in the area Bean has been spotted. I'll try and get word out through my classes....

Anonymous said...

Another idea - have you canvassed North Gate mall? Maybe you could get permission to place fliers on the cars or post inside the mall.