Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday 9:23 pm

Well, I just got dropped off back at the house. Bryan, along with 3 other amazingly awesome people, have returned to sit in their cars in the rain. They are hoping to see Bean on the trail, and Bryan is checking on the doggie trap every 15 or 20 minutes. Bryan is sitting in the rain, staring at a damp piece of fried steak. I don't think it gets much sadder than that.

I have to admit that things are looking pretty grim. I know it's probably because of the rainy weather, but the fact that Bean has not been seen at all today is really scaring me. I think the weather should clear up soon, and she will hopefully start making appearances again.

Tomorrow I have to go back to school. I have skipped classes Monday and today. I hadn't even thought as far ahead as Wednesday, because I thought "We will surely have found Bean by then!"

And here it is. Just a few hours till Wednesday and our little girl feels farther away than ever. Another reason I need so desperately for her to be spotted running around loose everyday is that it is the only way I can know that she has not been picked up off the street by those monsters who like to do horrible things to pit bulls. I would honestly rather find out that she is dead than to have her end up chained to pole in someone's basement for the rest of her life. That is the life we rescued her from. When she came to us we promised her she would never have to worry about being hurt again.

If anyone out there has stories about pets who went missing for weeks, and then showed up out of the blue unharmed, now would be a really good time to share them.

Also, I know we are in a severe drought crisis and all, but if you could pray for sunny skies, that would be awesome too.

Sorry to be so down. I will try to be more positive tomorrow.

Rebecca

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Rebecca- You have every right to be down...but we are all here for you. My friend gotin a car accident a couple of years ago and her dog was in the car. Scared, he ran away from the scene. Two weeks later he showed up. There is always hope. If Bean has been running around all these days she has to be tired. Maybe she just took the day off, found a dry place to sleep and passed out for a while. Sunny skies tomorrow and she shoudl re-appear. Remember things alwayd happen whe you least expect them. Hang in there.

Karen Cook said...

Hi there - you folks don't know me but I called last night to see if you needed any help in the search. Petey, my pit, and I have gone out every day trying to help look for Bean. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you guys - at least she's been seen, and she appears to be honing in on home. That's good news. My friend's cat just came back a few days ago after having been away for nine or ten days, and made it through our "snow" that we had. I think an animal as smart as Bean would know to find shelter through the rain, and not wander around, so not seeing her right now might be a good sign. Once it clears up, I bet you get news. We'll be back out again first thing in the morning to help look! Hang in there - you've got a lot of people on your side, and if you need *any* help, just let me know!

-Karen and Petey

The Cat Realm said...

We are sooooo sorry!!! We will purr and purr a lot for Bean to show up!!!
Yes, there are many stories of cats who went missing (some for weeks!) and then showed up again. And then there are cats who went into the desert and never came back like our Anastasia. But cats are different.
Miracles happen all the time - and Bean will come back and be safe!!!!!
We purr very very loud and strong for her!!!!!!

Kelly Phillips said...

When it rains, our outside dogs find a nice dry bush to lie under and they don't venture out until they see clear skies again. I'm sure Bean's new friends have taught her the tricks! They are probably holed up somewhere dry, snuggled up tight and warm, waiting for the rain to stop. Please don't give up hope.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca,

I'm sorry to hear that Bean isn't home yet. Don't give up hope! A family in Raleigh posted on craigslist recently that their two dogs had gotten out and were lost. I think there were several sightings of them before they both returned (seperately) safe and sound MANY days later! And one was a tiny little dog too! So don't give up, you'll find her! Your family and Bean are in the prayers of many. Take care.

P.S. I hope you received the e-mail I sent earlier with the media contacts. If not, just let me know and I can re-send it.

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Luna http://gatititas.blogspot.com/ was missing for over a month in August 2006. Her Mommy put a picture of her up in a local "magazine" (sounded like a community newspaper) and on a local access TV channel. She was skinny and full of fleas, but made a full recovery.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca, I found your blog through Duke's trading post and wanted to tell you a story that might give you hope.

I live in an apartment complex off Miami Blvd. We have a lot of dogs, but hardly any outdoor cats in our area. In November, I heard meowing coming from a bush near my apartment and bent down to see the cat. He didn't look at all familiar to me. He ran right out to me and started purring and rubbing around my legs. He was so friendly and a little bit skinny; I thought someone might have moved and left him behind. I decided that I would wait two weeks to see if he was still around, and then I would take him to the vet to see if he was microchipped and adopt him if he wasn't.

About a week later, my neighbor mentioned that there was a cat who was sleeping at night in the dog bed on her porch. She went door to door in our complex, asking people if the cat was theirs or if they knew whose it was. It turned out that no one owned him, but everyone was feeding and petting him.

She found a posting on craigslist from some people who had lost their cat. The couple had moved to Raleigh from England and their cat had escaped from the cat cage while in the cargo area of the plane. When the baggage handlers opened the cargo door, the cat took off and ran across the runway.

They had almost given up hope on finding him. He had been missing for 11 weeks by the time they were reunited! Please don't give up hope! There *are* good people out there who love pets and will try their hardest to help reunite them with their owners. I'll be praying for you both and for Bean.