Saturday, February 09, 2008

please pray for us

earlier this afternoon bean was stolen out of bryan's car while he was buying her dog food. please please pray for her, and if you are in the durham nc area please keep an eye out for her. the police are looking as well as several friends. if she is not found before dark, then I just don't know what I will do. She is micro-chipped, but I am so scared she was taken by the kind of people who will not take her to vet. Oh my baby.

please pray for us.

rebecca

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, my heart and prayers go out to you and Bryan. Bean is a member of my family too. I always let my friends who have dogs know when there is a new Bean saga. My dog, TJ, and I are praying for Bean's safe return. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. TJ and Mousie.

FG167 said...

You and Bean are in my thoughts! I hope that she gets home safely!!!!

Anonymous said...

Not to be a party pooper, or even a pooper scooper, but is it possible that Bean was not stolen as part of a sinister pit fighting scheme, but perhaps liberated by one who sees dogs in vehicles as cruel?

It just seems that if Bean was seen wandering the area with leash still dangling that it might be something to consider.

Once with pooch in car, I recalled that I needed to pick up a specific office supply. As it was near sunset, I knew that my brief visit to the always dead Office Depot at South Square (it was still there then) would be okay for the dog.

When I came out 4 minutes later, the woman parked in front of me had left me a nasty handwritten note under my windshield wiper. As she glared at me I drove off without retrieving it from its spot. At home, I got to see her incorrect assumptions about my cruelty to my dog. I figure she was mostly burned that I came out so fast.