Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday 7:59 AM

Well, sleeping sucked. I kept dreaming about Bean.

Anyway, I am up now. I have been notifying vets/shelters individually about Bean and her microchip number, and I will continue to do so. I have also just called HomeAgain (the makers of Bean's microchip) and notified them that she has been stolen. I enrolled her in their lost pet program, in which (for $15) they will be sending out an alert to all facilities within a 25 mile radius that have microchip scanners. That should help.

By the way, when Bean gets home, in addition to her microchip, she will also be equipped with a GPS navigational system like Zoomback. It's the same technology they use to track down stolen cars.

Also, she will no longer be allowed outside the house for any reason whatsoever. We will be putting astro-turf down in the spare room, installing one of those light bulbs that simulates daylight, and maybe dragging a few potted ficus trees in there. That will be her new "outside". She'll deal.

Rebecca

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I checked your blog hoping there was some good news, but no such luck. There is nothing like having a missing loved one and not knowing.

Karen Cook said...

If I have a chance, I'll swing through the trail or around the 'hood this morning - never fear, Team Bean has their eyes peeled!!

Holly Marie said...

Dear Rebecca,

I haven't met you, but I work with Bryan at Hillside. We also live near you--on Elizabeth between Geer and Trinity. I found out about Bean on Sunday night and my husband and I have been praying ever since. I've also been keeping my eyes wide open on my afternoon walks. I just wanted to send some encouragement your way this morning. Also, if there is anything I can do in my neighborhood, please let me know.

Peace and love to y'all and Bean.

Holly Jordan