Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday afternoon 1:30pm

Again, this is an email Bryan sent out. I don't have anything to say, except that is feels like my heart is breaking. Please keep praying.

Okay y'all...


Today's the day! Everybody seems to be feeling it. Thanks so much to all of y'all that have called/emailed and let her know.


Bean was not at the shelter this morning, so Rebecca and I came home and got a little rest (not much of that has been going on). We're getting ready to head out and just sit on a couple of corners for a while. Bean seems to be a moving target, so maybe if we sit still, she'll emerge.


We're asking any and all of you to join us today/tonight when you get off of school and work. We'll still be out there, and we'll have fliers so that we can show them to folks and ask if they've seen her. I think that if we saturate the neighborhood one more night, she's bound to show up.


Michelle apparently had a dream that Bean came home tonight. Keep dreamin y'all. For my Catholics, holla at St. Francis and/or St. Christopher. Everybody just keep doing what you do. We're going to find her and bring her home and smother her with all the love and attention she can imagine.


And just so that y'all know, if she's been out this long and walking, she's going to be limping a significantly. Her back right leg is no good, and she's got to be getting tired. Not that you could mistake her for another dog, but just in case.


Please call me (210-9256) or Rebecca (604-1143) and come join us.


Let's do it y'all

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not catholic, but St. Francis has my prayers.

BEAN COME HOME!!!!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

After seeing your post on Craig's list, I have found your blog and I am truly heartbroken by what Bean and you both are going through.

I am sure you will be back with Bean soon and this will be behind you!!

Please post how best you can be supported.I will continue to check for updates.

Anonymous said...

plantpro3 said...
Notes from a stranger but a fellow animal lover -
I got your info from a Durham animal listserve (which in turn got the info from craigslist).

I just wanted to mention some tips that I know several people have tried with good success. My apologies if you already know all these, but better too much help than not enough!

Take a few pieces of your clothing or some other things which smell like "home" and put them out somewhere (safe) near where you think she might be wandering. Leave it there and check back at that spot several times a day, particularly early in the morning when she has had the quiet night to travel - dog noses are amazing and if she gets even a slight whiff it can lead her right to the smell she knows and loves.

Also, if you havent tried this already, you might try a trick my mom used dozens of times over the decades (she does rescue work) - drive slowly and/or park the car and call the dog LATE AT NIGHT, like 2 to 5am - it is more quiet and there is less activity going on, meaning they hear you better AND are often less likely to hide due to fear or commotion going on.

If you think it would be helpful, there is a website (Im sorry, dont know the name of it right offhand) where you can give them the information about your dog and for a fee they will contact by phone every household/business listed within a certain mile range of where she was last seen. I think it runs a couple hundred dollars.

Last suggestion, take a flyer to Altered Image Hair Salon there on Broad Street near Club beside the funeral home. They are big animal lovers and have a lot of contacts and clients coming and going all day. Ask for Mark - he's the owner and a great guy.

Hope you find your baby soon - I'll be checking back here to see your "reunion" photos, LOL!~

Amy, Durham NC - Northgate Park resident and mom to 170 pounds worth of furry babies (two) -

PS - I will check the bulletin boards at northgate park and the northgate park dog park in the next 24 hours - if no flyer of Bean is there, I will add one.


6:40 PM

Anonymous said...

Been thinking and praying for Bean all day.
Keep going, even though your heart is breaking.
So many people looking and praying. I just know you can find her.
Love
Grandmabecker

Anonymous said...

I hope you find Bean soon! She'll have stories to tell... I had my eyes open for Bean while out walking in the east campus vicinity today. I will continue to look for her.
Other hints that I have found helpful:
It's definitely worth a late-night/early morning check of dumpsters/alleys/high trash zones in the areas where she has been spotted (behind restaurants?)
My occasionally awol dog is also often attracted to areas where other dogs are tied up or fenced outside...(back to the alleyways). Barking (outdoor) dogs in the middle of the night can be an indication that a stray or lost pup is wandering in their midst.
Best wishes for a quick recovery of the bean.

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We are sending more good thoughts and purraying for Bean.
Purrrrrrrrrrrr Wooooof
Purrrrrrrrrrrr Wooooof
Purrrrrrrrrrrr Wooooof
Purrrrrrrrrrrr Wooooof
Purrrrrrrrrrrr Wooooof
Purrrrrrrrrrrr Wooooof
Purrrrrrrrrrrr Wooooof
Purrrrrrrrrrrr Wooooof
Purrrrrrrrrrrr Wooooof
Purrrrrrrrrrrr Wooooof