Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday 10:28 AM

Update on the this posting about a found pit bull:

"A female brown and white pit bull just followed me to my house on 9th street. I have her in the yard with my dog. Please contact me by phone if you know who she belongs to. XXX-XXXX. Thanks!"

I have called her, and the pit bull she found is brown with white markings on her face, with a pink collar. It doesn't sound like Bean, but Bryan will go by and confirm this visually later on today. I got her address. I deleted the original post by Melissa (Thanks Melissa!) and didn't put her phone number here, because (as Melissa so correctly suggested) I don't want this poor woman to be called by half of Durham since we are already looking into it.

Bean's search team has become quite a force to be reckoned with!

Also, we are leaving the signs up until further notice. Lots of people have contacted the city, and some of you are even offering to help pay the fine! We may have to take them down eventually, but I don't want to do it a minute before we have to.

Rebecca

2 comments:

Karen Cook said...

Well, we've been out and about this morning, but no sightings so far. Still, it's wet out, and if she's someplace where she can be warm and dry, I bet she'd be content to wait out the nasty water! I'll be happy to help search later - I'll keep checking the blog for more updates! Keeping our fingers crossed . . .

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...that "Force to be reckoned with" grows daily...Trinity Park, Northgate Park, Duke Park, you name it...the whole community is out there...in force...looking for your sweet baby Bean!