Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday 10:38 AM

Another lead on a found pit bull, again from the comments section of this blog (Thanks emily!):

My mom lives in SW Durham, and reads the TP list. I got this email from her just now:

"I read on the TP listserve about the pit bull that was stolen. A woman was putting up a dog-found sign at Massey Chapel and 751. I stopped to ask, as one of our neighbors has a stray at her house. This lady found a sweet pit bull yesterday or today and took it to the Durham Shelter, as she has five dogs and wasn't sure about the pit bull.I'm sure the owners of the one on the listserve are keeping in touch with the shelter, but thought I'd give you this info (I don't know how to post to the listserve). She is afraid they will put it down quickly since it's a pit bull and said it was a really sweet dog. It's unlikely that it's the same one, but look at "Hannah"!

Hope this is helpful! We'll keep our eyes open for Bean!

The pound just opened 9 minutes ago, but I am calling them and someone (another angelic stranger to us who has joined the Bring Bean Home Task Force) is going to visually check the dogs there this morning. We will probably go again before it closes at five.

Also, as for the found pit bull in the pink collar I just wrote about... The woman who found her just went home from work to check on the dogs (both her dog and the pit were in her back yard) and the pit has escaped! But I am not freaking out because: 1) she saw the poster of Bean before she found this dog, and never thought that this dog looked very much like the photo of Bean, and 2) Bean is NO escape artist. This woman has a fenced in backyard, and though she says the fence is not the most secure, she states that her dog has never gotten out of it. If a door in the house is only slightly ajar (but still 20 inches open) and not all the way open, Bean does not think she can go through it and will sit on the other side and cry. Again, not exactly a Houdini.

Keep the leads coming!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need another dog trap, let me know and Briony (A New Leash On Life)can bring it tomorrow (Thursday). Just email (eve.nelson@dpsnc.net). Still praying for Bean to come home....

Eve

Anonymous said...

My own lost dog story. About 20 years ago, shortly after I moved to Durham, my very feeble 15 year old much beloved dog Rascal wandered away. He normally had a collar and tags, but it just happened that we had taken it off to fix it. It was wintertime, and I didn't think he could survive a single night. And he had no car sense. For several days I drove around North Durham, looking for his body by the side of roads. On the fourth day, we got a call from a woman just two blocks away. He had come to her back door and she was feeding him! The important thing is that she saw one of the fliers we posted. So keep looking, keep posting. I'm watching out for Bean in Trinity Heights.

Anonymous said...

A prayer for Bean's safe and speedy return home. I've spread the word to people who I know that use the dog park, but don't necessarily live in the area.

Never underestimate the resourcefulness of an animal. I had a cat (I know not a dog, but a baby is a baby) go missing for over a week. We eventually found her and the vet said all she had was a sore throat from crying the whole night after we found her.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for her.